(G) Visa is issued to an alien who transits through China.
Transit visas are not required for crew members and passengers (citizens of the United States and the United Kingdom not included) who are in immediate transit through China and who stay for not more than 24 hours within the airport of the in-transit city.
Transit visas are not required of Citizens of the following countries, who transit through Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport of Shanghai, provided they hold valid passports, visas for the onward countries, connecting flight tickets to the final destination and have seats booked, and stay in Shanghai for less than 48 hours: Republic of Korea, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece.
1. Valid passport with a validity period of at least six (6) months and at least one blank page left in it.
2. One completed Visa Application Form (Q1) with one recent 2" x 2" photo (black & white or color is acceptable, attached to the application form).
3. A valid visa of the country of destination, and a final destination airline ticket.
If the visa application form is not filled out completely, correctly and legibly, this can cause a delay in processing or refusal of the requested visa.
Application submission and processing time:
1. An applicant shall go in person or send someone else or a travel/visa agent to go to the visa office of the Embassy or Consulate-General in the consular jurisdiction where the applicant resides for application process.
● No appointment is required.
● Mail applications are not acceptable and will be refused.
2. The regular processing time is 4 working days. For express service, additional fees of $30 for 1 working day processing (applicable only to travelers making funeral arrangements, visiting a patient in a critical condition or on urgent business), or $20 for 2-3 working days processing will be charged.
Visa fee, validity and duration of stay:
1. Cash, money order, cashier’s check and company check are acceptable.
2. The check or money order shall be made payable to Chinese Embassy or Chinese Consulate.
3. Visa fees:
Number of Entry
Duration of stay
Citizens of other countries
● Unless specified on the application form and approved by the Consular Officers, the validity of the visa is 3 months, with the duration of stay being up to 30 days.
1. The validity, duration of stay, and number of entries of the visa is issued at the discretion of the Consular Officers, whose decisions are based on Chinese laws and regulations.
2. The Consular Officers have the authority to refuse any visa applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations, or revoke issued visas.
All information provided above is subject to change, without notice, at the discretion and interpretation of this Consulate General.